[flashboot] A couple of additions for comments..

Rickard Dahlstrand rd at tilde.se
Tue Aug 29 23:12:53 EST 2006

Hi,

The attached a patch makes some extensive additions to the
flashboot-system. There are some changes that where committed last week
that are not part of this patch, so update you releases from the CVS or
from a late snapshop before you use the patch.

Here are the proposed additions:

* Added watchdogd(8) to list
* Added ldconfig to list
* Added a extension system in /usr/local that support (some) standard
OpenBSD packages and configuration from rc.conf.
* Added ro/rw-scripts for easy access to the flash
* Added blink and kitt scripts to contrib for blinking leds on Wrap and
Soekris with optional inclusion in list.
* Added a large kernel option with a 25 mb ramdisk with it's own
build-script and distribution-list (that now includes named..)

My idea with the larger kernel options is an attempt to add all the
stuff people ask for without making the system unusable for devices with
less memory.

The new usr/local packaging was originally proposed by Dominique Jacquel
and Damien sent me his patch last year when I was working on a much more
comprehensive system. The changes I have done to Dominique's patch are
minor details and I moved the configuration to rc.conf. However
Dominique Jacquel should have the credit for this one.

Please comment and test these changes.

Thanks, Rickard.