[flashboot] dhclient would not work if cable is disconnected or dhcp server is unavailable during boot

Rickard Dahlstrand rd at tilde.se
Sat Sep 15 17:10:14 EST 2007

Hi,

I use a small watchdog-script for this. It checks for a running dhclient
and starts it if it for some reason failed. Just start it in rc.local
with /etc/scripts/dhc-watchdog.sh > /dev/null 2> /dev/null &

#!/bin/sh
if (grep dhcp /etc/hostname.sis0) then
  while true; do
    if (ps -aux | grep dhclient | grep -v grep) then
      echo "ok.."
    else
      echo "down, launching dhclient.."
      dhclient sis0