[flashboot] Any experiences with the recently released OpenBSD 4.5?

Yannick Gravel yg at ygunit.net
Sat May 2 14:03:05 EST 2009

Hi,

   As many other reported, flashboot current build and work with
OpenBSD 4.5.

   I personally tested with OpenBSD 4.5 stable on Soekris Net5501

   - My 4.4 stable config (pf, carp, IPSEC) worked with 4.5 stable
without any change.

   - My 4.4 stable large kernel config (pf, carp, named, snmpd) built
and worked with stable once 2 lines got adjusted in the file
"list.largekernel": sync shared library versions. (Patch already
supplied to Jakob)

-COPY   ${DESTDIR}/usr/lib/libssl.so.11.0       usr/lib/libssl.so.11.0
+COPY   ${DESTDIR}/usr/lib/libssl.so.14.0       usr/lib/libssl.so.14.0
-COPY   ${DESTDIR}/usr/lib/libpthread.so.11.0   usr/lib/libpthread.so.
11.0
+COPY   ${DESTDIR}/usr/lib/libpthread.so.11.1   usr/lib/libpthread.so.
11.1

   - Note that at this point you don't have access to the new pflow(4)
feature. At least the  following line need to be added to your kernel
config file (SOEKRIS5501/SOEKRIS4801/SOEKRIS4501/WRAP12...) I'll
submit the patch for this once I validated a little.

+pseudo-device  pflow           # pflow export if

   - Some changes to the OpenBSD /etc/rc were not integrated into
flashboot over the last few releases, I'll sync some of those. Here's
the list: telegraphic style.

  ** Add the fill_baddynamic to /etc/rc (added in 4.4)
  ** Enable pfsync only once a complete rule set is installed (was in
4.3)
  ** test(1) consistency in /etc/rc (was in 3.8)
  ** Add carpdemote while services are started in rc (was in 4.0)
  ** Add proper carp shutdown (was in 4.2)
  ** Deprecate use /etc/dhcpd.interfaces (was in 4.4)

Cheers

Y.