[netflow-tools] flowd PID

Gijs Molenaar gijs at looze.net
Thu Jul 7 18:20:09 EST 2005

Hello,

I have an other question.

Flowd doesn't create a PID file. I need to know the PID to send a SIGUSR
for log rotation. Now it is possible to discover the PID with a command
like:

ps -aef | grep "flowd: monitor" | grep -v grep | awk {'print $2'}

or grep to "flowd: net", but then you get multiple PID's when I run
multiple flowd's (and I'm running multiple flowd's).

can't life be much more easier with the option of an PID file? Or is
this wrong in the minimalistic philosophy and should this be handled by
scripts?

greetings,

--
Gijs Molenaar