[netflow-tools] softflowctl expire-all

Robin Breathe rbreathe at brookes.ac.uk
Wed Sep 28 01:14:25 EST 2005

Damien Miller wrote:
> Here it is.
>
> The attached patch adds an input queue to flowd. When a listening fd
> becomes ready (i.e. flow data is received), flowd will read and enqueue
> up to 1024 packets before processing them.
>
> It won't stop situations where flowd simply can't keep up with the data
> coming at it (my laptop for example drops after ~1k flows per second),
> but it should help it deal better with sudden bursts of flows.
>
> I'll tweak this a bit further, I think it could be made a little faster
> by replacing the allocations of queued packets with a freelist of
> preallocated ones. It would probably be better to maintain an output
> queue as well, instead of doing one write per flow.
>
> This is against flowd -current, so if you aren't already using a
> snapshot, then you will need to get one from:
>
> http://www2.mindrot.org/flowd_snap/

I'm beginning to test the 20050927 snapshot (which looks to have the
queue patch), but needed to apply the attached patch in order for it to
compile in Solaris 9.

It also fails to configure if bison is present, is this intentional?

Robin
--
Robin Breathe, Computer Services, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, UK
rbreathe at brookes.ac.uk       Tel: +44 1865 483685  Fax: +44 1865 483073