[netflow-tools] softflowd under FreeBSD measures too much traffic

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Thu Jan 18 18:51:50 EST 2007

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007, Sebastian Schwerdhoefer wrote:

> Now the mystic part: I clear the postgres database and advise
> softflowd to read the tcpdumped file with: softflowd -D -r
> /tmp/sis1.dump -v 5 -n accounting:2100. Acracadabra, the values in the
> postgres database are the same as the values from ipfm!

Could you please send me (off-list) the acutal numbers that you are
seeing, a debug trace from softflowd, along with the tcpdump trace
that you are capturing.

To get a debug trace from softflowd, just get modify your command above
to record output to a file:

softflowd -D -i sis1 -v 5 -n accounting:2100 >/tmp/softflowd.debug 2>&1

-d