[openssh-unix-announce] Announce: OpenSSH 5.8 released
djm at cvs.openbsd.org
Fri Feb 4 12:25:17 EST 2011
OpenSSH 5.8 has just been released. It will be available from the
mirrors listed at http://www.openssh.com/ shortly.
OpenSSH is a 100% complete SSH protocol version 1.3, 1.5 and 2.0
implementation and includes sftp client and server support.
Once again, we would like to thank the OpenSSH community for their
continued support of the project, especially those who contributed
code or patches, reported bugs, tested snapshots or donated to the
project. More information on donations may be found at:
Changes since OpenSSH 5.7
* Fix vulnerability in legacy certificate signing introduced in
OpenSSH-5.6 and found by Mateusz Kocielski.
Legacy certificates signed by OpenSSH 5.6 or 5.7 included data from
the stack in place of a random nonce field. The contents of the stack
do not appear to contain private data at this point, but this cannot
be stated with certainty for all platform, library and compiler
combinations. In particular, there exists a risk that some bytes from
the privileged CA key may be accidentally included.
A full advisory for this issue is available at:
Portable OpenSSH Bugfixes:
* Fix compilation failure when enableing SELinux support.
* Do not attempt to call SELinux functions when SELinux is disabled.
- SHA1 (openssh-5.8.tar.gz) = 205dece2c8b41c69b082eb65320d359987aae25b
- SHA1 (openssh-5.8p1.tar.gz) = adebb2faa9aba2a3a3c8b401b2b19677ab53f0de
- Please read http://www.openssh.com/report.html
Security bugs should be reported directly to openssh at openssh.com
OpenSSH is brought to you by Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt,
Kevin Steves, Damien Miller, Darren Tucker, Jason McIntyre, Tim Rice and
More information about the openssh-unix-announce