[openssh-unix-announce] Announce: OpenSSH 6.3 released
djm at cvs.openbsd.org
Fri Sep 13 17:43:25 EST 2013
Changes since OpenSSH 6.2
This release is predominantly a bugfix release:
* sshd(8): add ssh-agent(1) support to sshd(8); allows encrypted hostkeys,
or hostkeys on smartcards.
* ssh(1)/sshd(8): allow optional time-based rekeying via a second argument
to the existing RekeyLimit option. RekeyLimit is now supported in
sshd_config as well as on the client.
* sshd(8): standardise logging of information during user authentication.
The presented key/cert and the remote username (if available) is now
logged in the authentication success/failure message on the same log
line as the local username, remote host/port and protocol in use.
Certificates contents and the key fingerprint of the signing CA are
Including all relevant information on a single line simplifies log
analysis as it is no longer necessary to relate information scattered
across multiple log entries.
* ssh(1): add the ability to query which ciphers, MAC algorithms, key
types and key exchange methods are supported in the binary.
* ssh(1): support ProxyCommand=- to allow support cases where stdin and
stdout already point to the proxy.
* ssh(1): allow IdentityFile=none
* ssh(1)/sshd(8): add -E option to ssh and sshd to append debugging logs
to a specified file instead of stderr or syslog.
* sftp(1): add support for resuming partial downloads using the "reget"
command and on the sftp commandline or on the "get" commandline using
the "-a" (append) option.
* ssh(1): add an "IgnoreUnknown" configuration option to selectively
suppress errors arising from unknown configuration directives.
* sshd(8): add support for submethods to be appended to required
authentication methods listed via AuthenticationMethods.
* sshd(8): fix refusal to accept certificate if a key of a different type
to the CA key appeared in authorized_keys before the CA key.
* ssh(1)/ssh-agent(1)/sshd(8): Use a monotonic time source for timers so
that things like keepalives and rekeying will work properly over clock
* sftp(1): update progressmeter when data is acknowledged, not when it's
* ssh(1)/ssh-keygen(1): improve error messages when the current user does
not exist in /etc/passwd; bz#2125
* ssh(1): reset the order in which public keys are tried after partial
* ssh-agent(1): clean up socket files after SIGINT when in debug mode;
* ssh(1) and others: avoid confusing error messages in the case of broken
system resolver configurations; bz#2122
* ssh(1): set TCP nodelay for connections started with -N; bz#2124
* ssh(1): correct manual for permission requirements on ~/.ssh/config;
* ssh(1): fix ControlPersist timeout not triggering in cases where TCP
connections have hung. bz#1917
* ssh(1): properly deatch a ControlPersist master from its controlling
* sftp(1): avoid crashes in libedit when it has been compiled with multi-
byte character support. bz#1990
* sshd(8): when running sshd -D, close stderr unless we have explicitly
requested logging to stderr. bz#1976,
* ssh(1): fix incomplete bzero; bz#2100
* sshd(8): log and error and exit if ChrootDirectory is specified and
running without root privileges.
* Many improvements to the regression test suite. In particular log files
are now saved from ssh and sshd after failures.
* Fix a number of memory leaks. bz#1967 bz#2096 and others
* sshd(8): fix public key authentication when a :style is appended to
the requested username.
* ssh(1): do not fatally exit when attempting to cleanup multiplexing-
created channels that are incompletely opened. bz#2079
* Major overhaul of contrib/cygwin/README
* Fix unaligned accesses in umac.c for strict-alignment architectures.
* Enable -Wsizeof-pointer-memaccess if the compiler supports it. bz#2100
* Fix broken incorrect commandline reporting errors. bz#1448
* Only include SHA256 and ECC-based key exchange methods if libcrypto has
the required support.
* Fix crash in SOCKS5 dynamic forwarding code on strict-alignment
* A number of portability fixes for Android:
* Don't try to use lastlog on Android; bz#2111
* Fall back to using openssl's DES_crypt function on platorms that don't
have a native crypt() function; bz#2112
* Test for fd_mask, howmany and NFDBITS rather than trying to enumerate
the plaforms that don't have them. bz#2085
* Replace S_IWRITE, which isn't standardized, with S_IWUSR, which is.
* Add a null implementation of endgrent for platforms that don't have
it (eg Android) bz#2087
* Support platforms, such as Android, that lack struct passwd.pw_gecos.
- SHA1 (openssh-6.3.tar.gz) = 8a6ef99ffc80c19e9afe9fe1e857370f6adcf450
- SHA1 (openssh-6.3p1.tar.gz) = 70845ca79474258cab29dbefae13d93e41a83ccb
- Please read http://www.openssh.com/report.html
Security bugs should be reported directly to openssh at openssh.com
OpenSSH is brought to you by Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt,
Kevin Steves, Damien Miller, Darren Tucker, Jason McIntyre, Tim Rice and
More information about the openssh-unix-announce