PAM authentication

Jeff Sapp jas at ops.sgp.arm.gov
Tue Dec 7 07:28:13 EST 1999

Hey all, I'm having some trouble it seems with PAM. I'm running Redhat
6.0 with a 2.2.13
kernel. I installed OpenSSL 0.9.4 and OpenSSH 1.2pre15. It compiled and
(Open)ssh
seems to work just fine when I connect to other computers running sshd.
Yet
when I start (Open)sshd on my local computer and try and connect, it
won't let me login.
When I run sshd -d it says that PAM rejected my account. Here is what it
says.
I did copy the generic ssh pam file into /etc/pam.d/sshd

debug: PAM setting rhost to "redhawk.sgp.arm.gov"
PAM rejected by account configuration: Module is unknown
Faking authloop for illegal user jasapp from 198.124.97.210 port 3830
fatal: Connection closed by 198.124.97.210
debug: Calling cleanup 0x804a940(0x0)
Cannot close PAM session: Module is unknown
debug: Calling cleanup 0x8055320(0x0)

Any great help or advice?
Thanks in advanced.

Jeff

--
Failure  is  not  an  option,  it's  integrated  into  all  Microsoft
products.