ANNOUNCE: openssh-1.2pre16

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Tue Dec 7 17:15:26 EST 1999

I have just uploaded openssh-1.2pre16 to:

http://violet.ibs.com.au/openssh

This is mainly a bugfix release, it should fix some of the recurrent
compile problems that have been reported to the mailing list and to me
(the __P() stuff on Solaris for example).

Full changelog:

19991207
 - sshd Redhat init script patch from Jim Knoble <jmknoble at pobox.com>
   fixes compatability with 4.x and 5.x
 - Fixed default SSH_ASKPASS
 - Fix PAM account and session being called multiple times. Problem
   reported by Adrian Baugh <adrian at merlin.keble.ox.ac.uk>
 - Merged more OpenBSD changes:
   - [atomicio.c authfd.c scp.c serverloop.c ssh.h sshconnect.c sshd.c]
     move atomicio into it's own file.  wrap all socket write()s which
     were doing write(sock, buf, len) != len, with atomicio() calls.
   - [auth-skey.c]
     fd leak
   - [authfile.c]
     properly name fd variable
   - [channels.c]
     display great hatred towards strcpy
   - [pty.c pty.h sshd.c]
     use openpty() if it exists (it does on BSD4_4)
   - [tildexpand.c]
     check for ~ expansion past MAXPATHLEN
 - Modified helper.c to use new atomicio function.
 - Reformat Makefile a little
 - Moved RC4 routines from rc4.[ch] into helper.c
 - Added autoconf code to detect /dev/ptmx (Solaris) and /dev/ptc (AIX)
 - Updated SuSE spec from Chris Saia <csaia at wtower.com>
 - Tweaked Redhat spec
 - Clean up bad imports of a few files (forgot -kb)
 - Released 1.2pre16

19991204
 - Small cleanup of PAM code in sshd.c
 - Merged OpenBSD CVS changes:
   - [auth-krb4.c auth-passwd.c auth-skey.c ssh.h]
     move skey-auth from auth-passwd.c to auth-skey.c, same for krb4
   - [auth-rsa.c]
     warn only about mismatch if key is _used_
     warn about keysize-mismatch with log() not error()
     channels.c readconf.c readconf.h ssh.c ssh.h sshconnect.c
     ports are u_short
   - [hostfile.c]
     indent, shorter warning
   - [nchan.c]
     use error() for internal errors
   - [packet.c]
     set loglevel for SSH_MSG_DISCONNECT to log(), not fatal()
     serverloop.c
     indent
   - [ssh-add.1 ssh-add.c ssh.h]
     document $SSH_ASKPASS, reasonable default
   - [ssh.1]
     CheckHostIP is not available for connects via proxy command
   - [sshconnect.c]
     typo
     easier to read client code for passwd and skey auth
     turn of checkhostip for proxy connects, since we don't know the remote ip

19991126
 - Add definition for __P()
 - Added [v]snprintf() replacement for systems that lack it

- --