Fwd: Re: status of openssh for solaris?

Marc G. Fournier marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Sat Nov 20 04:06:56 EST 1999

I've been working on the Solaris patches, and that is one bug that I've
yet to be able to fix :(  I've been working on getting everything to
compile cleanly on Solaris 7/x86, and will be tackling the EGD issue next,
unless someone else has a clue :)

 On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Niels Provos wrote:

> From USENET, can somebody comment?
>
> Newsgroups: comp.security.ssh
> Subject: Re: status of openssh for solaris?
> Date: 18 Nov 1999 18:31:47 -0500
>
> Reinier Post <rp at win.tue.nl> writes:
>
> > It looks as if OpenSSH (http://www.openssh.com/) is available for
> > Solaris.  Can anybody comment on its maturity?
>
> I dunno about that. It compiles on Solaris 2.6 but when I run it, it
> dies with:
>
> 	Couldn't open random pool "/tmp/random":
> 	Operation not supported on transport endpoint
>
> when it tries to open the EGD socket.
>
> I get a similar error on Digital Unix 4.0D:
>
> 	Couldn't open random pool "/tmp/random":
> 	Operation not supported on socket
>
> Anyone have any clues for me?
>
> --
> Joel Gallun
> http://www.tux.org/~joel

Marc G. Fournier                                 marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Senior Systems Administrator                            Acadia University

  "These are my opinions, which are not necessarily shared by my employer"