status of openssh for solaris?

Marc G. Fournier marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Tue Nov 23 05:04:05 EST 1999

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Willard Dawson wrote:

> Thanks Niels.  From hereon, I'll just send my comments to the mailing
> list.
>
> On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 11:35:40AM -0500, Niels Provos wrote:
> > In message <19991122112513.A24003 at wdawson-sun.sbs.siemens.com>, Willard Dawson
> > writes:
> > >Should I forward this to you, or go the mailing list?
> > For compiling problems, the mailing list is probably the best place.
> > I cc'ed it again ;)
> >
> > Niels.
> >
> > >I proceeded further, after modifying _PATH_DEVNULL with the actual
> > >path string for "/dev/null", to find similar errors due to _PATH_UTMP
> > >and _PATH_WTMP in bsd-login.c.  So, after using "/var/adm/utmp" and
> > >"/var/adm/wtmp", respectively, I did proceed further.
>
> It seems that some real effort to make a Solaris-clean version minus any
> remnant of paths.h is still needed.

actually, in some of these cases, its just a mis-organization of
include/header files...the UTMP/WTMP problems are all fixed in
config.h.in, just not in the respective .c files ...

> gcc -g -O2 -Wall -I/usr/local/ssl/include -DETCDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" -DSSH_PROGRAM=\"/usr/local/bin/ssh\" -DASKPASS_PROGRAM=\"/usr/local/libexec/ssh/ssh-askpass\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -c ssh-add.c -o ssh-add.o
> ssh-add.c: In function `main':
> ssh-add.c:187: conflicting types for `__progname'
> ssh-add.c:32: previous declaration of `__progname'
> gmake: *** [ssh-add.o] Error 1

this one is work that Damien did to get around problems where an OS
doesn't define __progname, but missed a few occurances further in the C
files...basically, delete line 187 and you'll be fine...

Marc G. Fournier                                 marc.fournier at acadiau.ca
Senior Systems Administrator                            Acadia University

  "These are my opinions, which are not necessarily shared by my employer"