EGD 0.7

Brian Carrier carrier at cs.purdue.edu
Tue Apr 4 06:41:18 EST 2000

EGD 0.7 was released this weekend and I would highly recommend that everyone
here that uses EGD upgrades.  While doing some research last week I found a
typo in the add_entropy() function that prevented any new entropy from being
introduced into the system (in other words the entropy pool was a recursive
hash of 0's).  If the commands return in the same order, then the output bits
are in the same order every time the daemon is restarted, regardless of the
system command results.

I emailed the author last week and he fixed it over the weekend.
http://www.lothar.com/tech/crypto/

brian
CERIAS - Purdue University