status of openssh-2

Ben Lindstrom mouring at pconline.com
Thu Apr 6 17:21:39 EST 2000

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Markus Friedl wrote:

[..]
> * some code cleanup, since both SSH1 and SSH2 code are currently tightly
>   integrated.  OpenSSH2 support both protocol versions (1.5 and 2.0)
>   in one program.

Can I assume that OpenBSD/OpenSSH group is still committed to a single
source base for 1.5 and 2.0 protocol?  Or will we be seeing them split
down the road?

My hope is they stay as a single source base with maybe a port option
of  --disable-15 or --disable-20 for those wishing to support either
version and not both.

My hats off to the OpenSSH group.  I'm suprised that 2.0 protocol is
coming together this quickly.  I was expect to hear this news mid-summer.