1.2.3-1 package for Debian GNU/Linux released

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Fri Apr 14 23:51:48 EST 2000

On 14 Apr 2000, Philip Hands wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just got round to releasing 1.2.3 Debian package (which should
> hopefully make it into the freeze for Debian 2.2, aka potato)
>
> It should hit the Debian non-US mirrors soon, but if you cannot wait,
> it's also here:
>
>   http://www.hands.com/~phil/debian/openssh/
>
> [ Damien, you might want to check out the patch, its got a few things
>   that should probably go upstream.  I'll annotate it if you need me
>   to, so just ask.                                                    ]

Got it - a couple of questions / comments:

1. I evidently don't speak Makefile jive as well as some - what does
the following change do?

-all: $(TARGETS) $(MANPAGES) $(CONFIGFILES)
+all: $(TARGETS) $(MANPAGES:%=%.out) $(CONFIGFILES:%=%.out)

2. Why the vhangup() in pty.c? What does this fix?

3. Why the excision of the BUF code in scp.c?

4. I would prefer the shadow password checking to occur during
password auth - I consider the other forms of auth to be totally
seperate, but I can see your reasoning. If you move this code to a
seperate function in auth-passwd.c which could be called before or
during password auth I will include it.

Thanks,
Damien