PAM support, OPIE

Hein Roehrig hein at acm.org
Sun Apr 30 07:17:29 EST 2000

Hello,

on my Debian woody system, I tried to get sshd to accept OPIE (one
time password) authorization through PAM. This currently fails because
there is no way to permit the OPIE challenge to be displayed at the
password prompt.

Starting from the patch at
	 http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/61/61906.html
I managed to get OPIE working. However, the patch above is not very
clean in that it replaces password authentication by TIS
authentication. A related issue is that it is a priori not clear which
of ssh's authentication mechanisms should be handled by
PAM... password, TIS, s/key?

Therefore my question: Is anybody working on cleaning up and extending
the PAM code? Otherwise, I would be ready to spend some effort on
that.

-Hein