Solaris and a minor PAM *problem*

Lasse Holmqvist Lasse.Holmqvist at uab.ericsson.se
Tue Aug 1 03:54:29 EST 2000

Please, help me !!!

I see a *PAM error* when using OpenSSH - currently 2.1.1p4 on Solaris 7.
Note that everything works - as I see it, but the debug print out says
something else...

If I start sshd in debug mode and connect from some other machine also
running
OpenSSH I get an error print out from sshd/PAM when I disconnect,
it looks like this:
debug: session_pty_cleanup: session 0 release /dev/pts/2
debug: xauthfile_cleanup_proc called
Closing connection to n.n.n.n
Cannot delete credentials: Permission denied
                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why do I get this *Permission denied* ???

The error is generated in auth-pam.c:
   pam_retval = pam_setcred((pam_handle_t *)pamh, PAM_DELETE_CRED);
        if (pam_retval != PAM_SUCCESS) {
            log("Cannot delete credentials: %.200s",
                PAM_STRERROR((pam_handle_t *)pamh, pam_retval));
        }
i.e. the return value from pam_setcred isn't PAM_SUCCESS.

In my /etc/pam.conf I have added:
# OpenSSH added by lgh 19991120
sshd    auth sufficient /usr/lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so.1
sshd    auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1

Is something faulty in my /etc/pam.conf ??? or is it a
*problem* in OpenSSH ? - And (hum) I have seen it a long time before
2.1.1p4.

Regards
Lasse Holmqvist