AllowHosts implementation plea.

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Tue Aug 1 22:15:52 EST 2000

Hello all,

I'd like to see sshd_config directive AllowHosts implemented.  This is
about the only SSH 1.2.27 (etc.) thing not supported by OpenSSH.

The reason for this would be drop-in compatibility.  Sure, you can do
about the same thing with hosts.allow, but the syntax is a bit different
and you'd have to modify sshd_config and you lose the possibility to have
multiple security layers here (disregarding firewalls).

As AllowHosts was implemented in the last free SSH by Tatu Ylönen, I'd
regard this more as a political than technical decision.

--
Pekka Savola                    "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Pekka.Savola at netcore.fi          not those you stumble over and fall"