OpenSSH -> SSH; ssh-agent: reasking for passphrase

Tobias Burnus burnus at gmx.de
Sat Aug 5 01:51:54 EST 2000

Hi,

I try to connect from a SuSE Linux openssh-2.1.1p1-4 system to a FreeBSD
system which runs
SSH Version 1.2.27 [i386-unknown-freebsd3.2], protocol version 1.5.
Standard version.  Does not use RSAREF.

Before I switched (at home) to openssh I could use ssh-add, ssh
(freebsd), and from there to another server ssh (freebsd2), where
(freebsd[2..n]) are n+1 unix systems @university.

Now with openssh I can use the ssh agent to connect to (freebsd[n]), but
if I want to connet via ssh to another server @university I'm asked for
"Enter passphrase for RSA key `foo at freebsd3': "

A first try with openssh-2.1.1p4 from a solaris system shows the same
problems.

Note: The authorized_keys  @univ uses user at foo.university.net, but I log
in as user at bar.university.net
($HOME is nfs), but I makes no difference if I login at foo or bar
first.

Tobias