Making UseLogin yes requires a valid reverse DNS enty

Yusuf Goolamabbas yusufg at outblaze.com
Sat Aug 5 14:28:11 EST 2000

Hi, I am using openssh 2.1.1pl4 on a Linux 2.2.16 box [RH 6.1
distribution], I was confused as to why when I telnet into that box, I
get /usr/local/bin in my PATH but when I ssh into my box, /usr/local/bin
is not in my PATH

I modified /etc/ssh/sshd_config to have UseLogin yes and then when I try
to ssh into that box, I couldn't. ssh -v showed the following

debug: Requesting shell.
debug: Entering interactive session.
login: No such file or directory
Connection to host closed

This is what I see in /var/log/messages

Aug  5 00:07:56 yusufg sshd[2204]: Could not reverse map address a.b.c.d

Is there something obvious I have missed ?

--
Yusuf Goolamabbas
yusufg at outblaze.com