Testers wanted

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Aug 6 02:11:48 EST 2000

hi,

On Sat, Aug 05, 2000 at 01:05:36PM +1000, Damien Miller wrote:
> To ensure that future releases of portable OpenSSH are as bug-free as
> possible, we need to recruit a team of testers.
>
> Each tester would be responsible for a particular OS platform and
> would be called upon to test snapshots before they are marked as
> official releases. The release would not go out until it had been
> given the OK by testers on each supported platform.

I could do AIX 4.2.x and 4.3.x, but the tests would have to be fairly
automated.  (Actually, I have to admit that I did not test the latest
releases for whether they work on AIX at all - no time, I'm still at
OpenSSH 1.2.3 plus private patches).

I could also do SCO Unix 3.2v4.2, as soon as a port exists - didn't find
time for *that* either.

It would be immensely helpful for automatizing those tests if someone
could set up a public (?) cvs repository, so that we don't have to
download whole tarballs all the time.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de