X11-Forwarding OpenSSH 2.1.1p4 problem

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at cygnus.com
Tue Aug 8 04:16:40 EST 2000

Michael Schmidt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the following problem:
>
> I have two computers. On the first RedHat 6.2 (Openssh 2.1.1) is
> installed. The second is an PC with Windows NT 4.0 (SP 6) with Cygwin
> and Openssh 2.1.1p4. The X-Server running on the WinNT machine is
> Hummingbird Exceed 6.1 . I have activated X11-Forwarding in the
> config-files on both machines.
> I'm sitting in front of the WinNT machine and want to do a XSession on
> the RedHat machine. Here is a screen dump:

> $ ssh -v -l schmidta saturn 2>/dump
> [...]
> debug: client_input_channel_open: ctype x11 rchan 2 win 4096 max 2048
> connect /usr/spool/sockets/X11/0: No such file or directory
> [...]
>
> Does anybody know, where I've done a mistake? What is wrong?
> Thank you :-)

Wired. No problem here in either direction. I'm using a box with a
Linux 2.2.14 kernel and a Cygwin box with W2K and, uhm, don't know
the name, some NT X Server.

What's that above message? Is it possible that your xdvi script
explicitly tries to open :0 or what's that strange unix socket
named '0'?

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin at sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.