UseLogin yes and 'w': IP address used

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Wed Aug 9 18:30:20 EST 2000

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Damien Miller wrote:
> The 'w' issue looks deliberate - OpenSSH passes the IP address to login(1)
> presumably because hostnames are lest trustworthy than addresses.

Hmm.. Perhaps login(1) should do some resolving of its own then in order
to be consistant.

> The double recording issue is a bug in OpenSSH. Does the below fix help?
[fix snipped]

Yes.  It'd seem to work just fine with RHL 6.2 and FreeBSD-4.1 with that.

Thanks.

--
Pekka Savola                    "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Pekka.Savola at netcore.fi          not those you stumble over and fall"