OpenSSH and HP-UX

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Thu Aug 17 20:06:31 EST 2000

On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 09:51:35PM -0700, Stephen Walton wrote:
> My system:  HP-UX 10.20, pretty vanilla, most non-HP software from the HP
> Porting Archive at hpux.cae.wisc.edu.  GNU make is /usr/local/bin/gmake,
> zlib is in /opt/zlib, OpenSSl in /opt/openssl, HP ANSI C compiler.
> OpenSSH 2.2.1p4.

(I run my self compiled OpenSSL on HP-UX 10.20, so my $0.02 just from
the theoretical point of view).
I have checked out the contents of the HP Porting Archive and there is
no indication, that the library was compiled without RSA support. The
files are in the source and HPUX.Install does not give any information
about having used the no-rsa option.
Actually, when using the no-rsa option, the RSAglue library should be
generated automatically when configured with the "rsaref" option.

> 'configure' on this system warns that rsa is not available.  I found
> source at www.spinnaker.com which builds an rsaref.a library but not an
> RSAglue one.  So I'm stuck with the failed link of ssh.  Help?

Rebuild OpenSSL from source with the "rsaref" option enabled... Something like
	./Configure -D_REENTRANT rsaref --prefix=/opt/openssl hpux-parisc-cc

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/