scp and the use of fortune in /etc/profile

me joe at plaguesplace.dyndns.org
Fri Aug 18 15:31:14 EST 2000

I tracked down a problem related to running fortune at the start of every shell
instance and scp.  I imagine the problem would be the same with any utility
automatically started upon login that prints to the screen.  I am not sure if
this intentional, a bug or just an annoyance that one should not run such
utilities at login.  Maybe one for the faq eh, so no one respends the time I
just did tracking it down.

openssh-2.1.1p3-3mdk

joe
--
When asked if Lars and the other metallica memebers ever violated anothers
intellectual property and copyright:  "Yeah, I mean I think we answered that