smartcard integration - clean or portable?

Ben Lindstrom mouring at pconline.com
Sat Aug 19 14:34:45 EST 2000

My vote would be integrate it first into the clean version, and let Damien
bring the changes into the portable version.  Then each platform
manager/tester can verify it compiles on their platform (In other words
make it an --enable-smartcard option. This would make the most sense to
me.  Then any platforms that can not support the feature (I assume NeXT
would be one of them <weak smile>  A notification can be entered on
attempting to "enable" support stating it's "broken" or "unsupported"
on that platform.