Final NeXT issues (Re: Test snapshot)

Mark Miller markm at swoon.net
Thu Aug 24 16:43:42 EST 2000

You wrote:
> Remove the following in the TODO file:
>
> - Next now has sigaction() based on sigvec().  But it sill does not
> seem to act correctly.  Ctrl-C and Ctrl-Z don't return echo to the
> underlying shell.
>
> Somewhere between p4 and this snapshot a correction was made that made
> this bug in NeXT go away.  Still would like to know what change did
> this because I don't see it due to the forest of modifications, and I
> know I did not solve it.=)

Interesting.  If you do find out what changed, Ben, I would like to know as
well.  This bug has me rather stumped.

> This pretty much ends all major show stopping issues I have with
> the NeXT port (Outside of next-posix.[ch] clean up and compiling
> warnings).

I like the idea of splitting up those files quite a bit.

> If those running NeXT port could forward me anything
> else you have on your lists it would be helpful.

I have been running the 20000823 snapshot on both NS3.3 and OS4.2 for m68k
with no troubles.

My installation also successfully uses the entropy gathering daemon (egd 0.8).

> Matt, did you ever successfully building FAT binaries?

I have not attempted this.  Is there some obvious problem with building FAT
binaries?

--
   _/ mark miller
  _/ markm at swoon.net