Snapshot

John Horne J.Horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Tue Aug 29 23:23:23 EST 2000

On 29-Aug-00 at 03:33:17 Damien Miller wrote:
> The snapshot announced earlier lacked Ben's NeXT fixed. These have been
> added and a new snapshot is available.
>
> http://www.mindrot.org/misc/openssh/openssh-SNAP-2000082900.tar.gz

Yup, seems to work okay on Solaris 7 5/99 (sparc-sun-solaris2.7) and Solaris
8 (sparc-sun-solaris2.8).

I can also confirm:

On 29-Aug-00 at 09:13:29 Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> I have been testing the SNAP-2000082900 on solaris ...
>
> earlier I wrote that the 'connection dies on exit of x11 forwarded
> motif application' bug was solved with this release ...
> unfortunately further testing showed that it just did not occur on
> the machine I tested. All our other machines still show it ...

I have tried this on a Solaris 7 system using the Sun Motif demo programs
(/usr/dt/share/examples/motif/motifanim). The connection sometimes gets
closed, but not always. Annoying and probably difficult to debug :-( I have
also tried it on the Solaris 8 system with no problems. So it may or may not
be a fixed problem at Solaris 8.

Regards,

John.

E-mail: jhorne at plymouth.ac.uk