Snapshot

Damien Mascord damien at galexia.com.au
Wed Aug 30 13:46:50 EST 2000

Hi,

This snapshot compiled fine on i386-pc-solaris2.8 and runs fine.

In debug mode, 'Cannot delete credentials: Permission denied' still appears.

As a further test I was using SecureFX to establish a 'secure' ftp session
with the machine in question, and I got an interesting error when I was
doing something slightly wrong.

As you can see from the following transcript, I had the incorrect username
configured, so when it asked for the username/password when it failed, I
entered damien/password.

-- transcript --
debug: userauth-request for user automaton service ssh-connection method
password
auth_set_user: illegal user automaton
Failed password for automaton from x.x.x.x port 3625 ssh2
debug: userauth-request for user damien service ssh-connection method password
auth_set_user: missmatch: (damien,ssh-connection)!=(automaton,ssh-connection)
Failed password for damien from x.x.x.x port 3625 ssh2
Received disconnect: 13: The user canceled authentication.
-- /transcript --

Not sure whether or not this is what is meant to happen this way... just
letting you guys know :)

If I configure the client with the correct username to start with,
everything goes fine and file transfers work correctly.

Damien

Damien Mascord                   Email: damien at galexia.com.au
Network and System Administrator    http://www.galexia.com.au
Galexia                               Mobile: +61 414 448 272
Level 1, 3 Montague Street               Tel: +61 2 9555 5913
Balmain, NSW 2041 Australia              Fax: +61 2 9555 5688