hanging ssh connections (still)

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Fri Dec 1 07:50:23 EST 2000

Damien backed out of all the current hacks.  So yes any background
processes will cause ssh client to hang until they are resolved.

This is also true for doing "nohup" commands.

I have another angle to look at tonight.  But I spent most of last night
without any luck in coming up with a work around that is correct.  (I have
a workaround.. But it's a hack to the server_loop() call which causes
channel errors which cause it to close right.. Which is 100% wrong.=)

If you look back on the list Damien Miller describes the problem as it
occurs under Linux.

try:

ssh localhost
then: sleep 10&exit

if it does not quit ssh right away it's the same problem that we are
looking for a solution on Linux.

- Ben