Bug fix -- version grepping in compat.c

Hamon, Brian K. brhamon at cisco.com
Sat Dec 2 09:15:15 EST 2000

I beg your pardon. The problem was definitely on my end and was unrelated
to the regular expression I modified. Rebuilding fixed my core dump. I
still note a minor issue, which may possibly have some impact.

When connecting between two OpenSSH-2.3.0 implementations as follows:

ssh -2 -v host

The debug output contains a "no match" warning:

debug: Connection established.
debug: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version OpenSSH_2.3.0p1
debug: no match: OpenSSH_2.3.0p1
Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0

Is the "no match" warning worth addressing? Probably not. I made the change
in the regular expression and the warning went away. The difference this
change makes is whether the SSH_OLD_SESSIONID bug fix is applied. This
appears to be irrelevant.

The "no match" warning could be considered unexpected behavior, but appears
to have no consequences.