Hosting openssh's CVS repository

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Sun Dec 3 21:30:11 EST 2000

Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> At 12:20 AM +0100 12/3/00, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >I can offer sources.redhat.com (former sourceware.cygnus.com). It
> >has a fairly good connection and is already home for various open
> >source projects like GDB, binutils, autoconf or Cygwin. Anonymous
> >as well as CVS write access for the maintainer team is available.
>
> Would www.sourceforge.net be another possibility?
>
> (I'm not all that familiar with sourceforge, but I already HAVE
> an account there, so that makes it slightly more interesting to
> me than sources.redhat.com.  Also, sources.redhat.com kinda
> suggests that this is a redhat project, and it might be confusing
> to have that implied)

It's a pity that this might confuse people. A similar effect
never happened when the name was sourceware.cygnus.com. Please
note that sources.redhat.com is a box which is in no way inside
of the Red Hat network.

It's a machine which is 100% dedicated to support open source
software and it's maintained by a set of volunteers, only some
of them Red Hat stuff.

BTW: It would be possible to set up a virtual host name for the
box as for eg. `www.cygwin.com'.

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin at cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.