GMP in COPYING.Ylonen

Niels Provos provos at citi.umich.edu
Thu Dec 14 05:04:14 EST 2000

>De Raadt hates the GNU Project so much, if a GNU person whispered to
>him that his fly was open, he would scream back in rage: "I won't zip
>it up for you!"
I am sorry, Richard, this is one of the more stupid comments that I
have seen from you.  You certainly don't help to foster any fond
feelings towards the GNU project with remarks like that.

If you would have bothered to check the OpenSSH distribution, you
would have seen that no GPL'ed component are used in OpenSSH what so
ever.  There is no misleading documentation either.

We would like everyone to be able to use OpenSSH, the GPL does not
help with that very much.  I know that you disagree, and if you would
like to discuss this issue further, please reply to me in private
email, so that we don't bore all the people subscribed to the mailing
list.

Greetings,
 Niels.