Preserving argument splitting with SSH

Lee Eakin leakin at japh.itg.ti.com
Sun Dec 17 06:04:56 EST 2000

I thought there might be good reason this feature was not already in there.

It also dawns on me that the account might be disabled by setting the shell
to /bin/false and this would be a hole in that case as well.
  -Lee

---begin quoted text---
> From: Markus Friedl <markus.friedl at informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
>
> On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 01:47:03PM -0600, Lee Eakin wrote:
> > Perhaps a '-o UseShell=no' or something similar in nature.
>
> the client cannot tell the server about this.
> it's a server side policy.
>
> moreover, many site do accouting via loginshell binaries,
> so the loginshell must be executed.
---end quoted text---

--
Fourth Law of Thermodynamics:
  If the probability of success is not almost one,