SCO remove() and unlink()

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Dec 18 19:47:24 EST 2000

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 04:49:12AM +0100, Kevin Steves wrote:
> There was a patch merged in on 9/29 that changed remove() calls to
> unlink():
>
>  - (djm) Merged big SCO portability patch from Tim Rice
>    <tim at multitalents.net>
>
> Does SCO's libc not include remove()?  Note that sftp-server.c is
> currently using remove.  The reason I ask is I'd like to keep the
> portable tree as close to openbsd as possible, and if we need remove()
> for SCO we should add a bsd-remove.c or something.

Hmmm, well, unlink() is the "more standard" function, so I'd vote for
using unlink() everywhere (even in the OpenBSD tree).

OTOH, we don't need a bsd-remove.c - just add something like

#ifndef HAVE_REMOVE
# define remove(a) unlink(a)
#endif

to "defines.h" would be sufficient.  Actually, this is exactly what my SCO
(OpenServer 3.0) does in <stdio.h> - which means that programs using
remove() have to include <stdio.h> for it to work.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de