SCO remove() and unlink()

Brian Kifiak bk at rt.fm
Tue Dec 19 11:04:48 EST 2000

> I checked various, but the clearest is FreeBSD's:

openbsd's disagrees:

> DESCRIPTION
>      The remove() function is an alias for the unlink(2) system call.  It
>      deletes the file referenced by path.

DESCRIPTION
     The remove() function removes the file or directory specified
     by path.

     If path specifies a directory, remove(path) is the equivalent
     of rmdir(path).  Otherwise, it is the equivalent of
     unlink(path).

STANDARDS
     The remove() function conforms to ANSI X3.159-1989 (``ANSI C'')
     and X/Open Portability Guide Issue 4.2 (``XPG4.2'').