hostinstall target?

karl at gnu.org karl at gnu.org
Tue Dec 26 03:33:49 EST 2000

Hi Damien,

    What does the hostinstall target do?
    OpenSSH does support a "host-key" which will generate keys in @sysconfdir@

Yes, and this is the most important thing that hostinstall does too.

However, host-key by itself fails by itself without doing a full `install'
first:
couldn't read entropy commands file /l/etc/openssh/ssh_prng_cmds: No such file or directory
couldn't read entropy commands file /l/etc/openssh/ssh_prng_cmds: No such file or directory

(I've configured with --sysconfdir=/l/etc/openssh.)

So, the parts of install that host key generation depends on could be
split off into a separate target, that host-key could depend on.
This is ssh_prng_commands and the config files, at least; I didn't
actually try it, so don't know if there's anything else.

Thanks (and happy holidays :),
Karl