ssh-agent and protocol 2 ...

Primus primus at gblx.net
Wed Dec 27 02:41:41 EST 2000

Tue Dec 26 13:27:33 GMT 2000

I posted the email only after searching the ssh
archives and not the 'dev' archives.

I am using OpenSSH-2.3.0

synopsis of problem:

3 machines:  A,B,C
	A:	home machine where private and public RSA and DSA
		keys have been generated.

	B,C:	only have authorized_keys and authorized_keys2 in ~/.ssh
		containing public RSA and DSA keys
		respecitvely.
		server: OpenSSH-2.2.0p1

	B:	in ~/.ssh/config,  Host entry for C created setting
		ForwardAgent yes

ACLs do not permit direct access to C from A.

ssh-agent and ssh-add used on A.
using Protocol 1, I can ssh to B and subsequently ssh from B to C
and not have to enter a password or pass phrase on either.

using Protocol 2, I can ssh to B as before,  but regardless of which
Protocol I set in B:~/.ssh/config for Host C,  I am asked for a password
when connecting to C from B.

I found the following in the openssh-unix-dev
archives:  does it still apply?