Incorrect shell quotation in scp

Stian Soiland stain at nvg.org
Thu Dec 28 07:03:06 EST 2000

On 2000-12-27 20:16:45+0100, Christian Kurz wrote:

>as the current debian maintainer of the openssh package is a bit busy,
>I'm helping him with fixing a part of the bugs in openssh that debian
>users found will forward some of the reports to you. This is the first
>one and a fix or a comment why this should not be fixed would be
>appropriated. Thanks

>Space in filename is not correctly passed by scp to other invoked
>programs:

I supplied a patch for this problem two weeks ago. The patch is still uncommented
on the list, and not taken into the CVS, but it really works great. Here goes:

  http://stain.portveien.to/diverse/scp/

The problem resides in missing quotation of commands from scp to ssh. This patch
should fix this.

(and, yes, you might as well change the same lines in the woody-version. :) )

--
Stian Søiland - Trondheim, Norway - http://stain.portveien.to/

                     Jeg kan ikke late som om jeg ikke vet det jeg vet.
                  Men det er drit. Det er det virkelig. Gi meg en ball.
                  Gi meg en sykkel. Det er størrelser jeg takler. [Loe]