sshd doesn't log which RSA key was used

Christian Kurz shorty at debian.org
Fri Dec 29 01:00:57 EST 2000

On 00-12-28 Markus Friedl wrote:
> i am not sure about this feature.

> you could add a
> 	{Key k; k.rsa=pk; k.type=KEY_RSA1;
> 	verbose("RSA auth accepted with key %s", key_fingerprint(&k);
> 	}
> to auth_rsa().

Well, at my former employer we had only one account that was used by
everyone to log into the server. In this situation it would be useful to
have a line in the auth.log like this to see which user logged and which
key he used. Now I work at an other company where we have seperate
acounts, where this is not needed. So I think such a patch would be
helpful in some situations. And it looks line this 4 lines wouldn't
bload the code of openssh but instead add a bit more logging and
security to it in some enviroments.

Ciao
     Christian
--
          Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Team Member