OpenSSH 2.4.0 patch call..

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Sat Dec 30 08:40:01 EST 2000

On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 04:30:05PM -0600, mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
> > 	.c.o:
> > 		$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(CPPFLAGS) -c $<
> > This way it should work for all platforms.
> > (Another commonly used way is to start in Makefile with something like
> > CFLAGS= $(CFLAGS) $(CPPFLAGS) or similar.)
> >
> That's simple enough.  However if it's not being honored within
> 'configure' (as it is not on NeXT) then I may opt to just back out of the
> CPPFLAGS/CFLAGS patch.  (If all that is affected is NeXT then I'll just
> look for a NeXT work around.)

I don't care for either solution, as long as it works :-)
It may however also be practical to fix "configure". Distinguishing between
CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS is a normal practice when using autoconf. My experience
is that typically "configure" manages to handle CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS
consistently and then later CPPFLAGS is not used in Makefile.in...
That reminds me to send an error message stating that and some things more
to the author of wvware/libwmf (wordviewer for windows)...

What is your problem with "configure"?

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/