patch to support hurd-i386

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Sat Dec 30 09:42:36 EST 2000

On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Pekka Savola wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Dec 2000 mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Gert Doering wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,

> > > SCO 3.0 does not have MAXHOSTNAME either.  So maybe it should be
> > > #ifdef'ed...
> > >
> > I assume that MAXHOSTNAMELEN should be the same on every platform.  I just
> > submitted a patch to define it at 64 characters if it's not found.
> >
> > Let me know if it should be raised, but I suspect it should be fine.
>
> [ Cc: cleaned a bit ]
>
> Try 'llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.co.uk'.
>
> Seriously, I don't think it should be raised but someone is bound to bring
> this up sooner or later ;-)

Seriously, =) do we want to honor people who ssh into their vanity
domains? (I know.. it's a arbrarity limit.. =)

ssh mouring at The.world.is.coming.to.an.end.and.I.will.be.jumping.on.hailbob.com

But I would like to see that we check ENAMETOOLONG (Would you accept a
patch on that Markus?) and fatal() (or at least warn the user) at this
point.

- Ben