Failure message of configure from openssh 2.3.0p1 is wrong.

Christian Kurz shorty at debian.org
Sun Dec 31 03:10:23 EST 2000

Hi,

if i add --with-tcp-wrappers and --with-skey and don't have an
skey-library installed configure will fail with a message telling me
that I don't have libwrap installed. But after looking into config.log I
see the following:

|configure:6344: checking for libwrap
|configure:6356: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall -I. -I.   conftest.c -ldl -lnsl -lz
|  -lutil -lpam -lcrypto  -lskey -lwrap 1>&5
|/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lskey
|collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
|configure: failed program was:
|#line 6346 "configure"
|#include "confdefs.h"

|#include <tcpd.h>
|                                        int deny_severity = 0, allow_severity =
|0;

|int main() {
|hosts_access(0);
|; return 0; }

So not libwrap is missing but instead the skey library. Please change
the configure error message to contain the right information. Thanks.

Ciao
     Christian
--
          Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Team Member