OpenSSH 2.4.0 patch call..

Tim Rice tim at multitalents.net
Sun Dec 31 07:09:38 EST 2000

gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Dftruncate=chsize -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/ssl/includ
e -I. -Isrc -DETCDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" -DSSH_PROGRAM=\"/usr/local/bin/ssh\" -DS
SH_ASKPASS_DEFAULT=\"/usr/local/libexec/ssh-askpass\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c src/com
pat.c
src/compat.c:35: regex.h: No such file or directory
gmake: *** [compat.o] Error 1

SCO Open Server 3 doesn't have regex libraries.

I saw in the ChangeLog file
20001014
 - (bal) Corrected mistake in INSTALL in regards to GNU rx library
 - (bal) Add support for GNU rx library for those lacking regexp support

Do we want to require installing GNU rx on systems without regex support?
Or do we want to add regex to the openssh code base like in HylaFAX?

--
Tim Rice				Multitalents	(707) 887-1469
tim at multitalents.net