Failure message of configure from openssh 2.3.0p1 is wrong.

Christian Kurz shorty at debian.org
Sun Dec 31 21:13:34 EST 2000

On 00-12-31 mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Dec 2000, Christian Kurz wrote:
> > if i add --with-tcp-wrappers and --with-skey and don't have an
> > skey-library installed configure will fail with a message telling me
> > that I don't have libwrap installed. But after looking into config.log I
> > see the following:

> I get an error out if --with-skey fails to find the s/key libraries from
> the current CVS tree when it checks for the s/key libraries.

That sounds like the correct error message.

> 2.3.0p1 was released on 11/06/2000.  I did an --with-skey update on
> 11/10/2000 which lets you define the path of the library in --with-skey
> that also included a patch to make --with-skey work under the OpenSSH
> portable (before this release it was broken).

Ah, so this update is not in the release included. :(

> *PLEASE* can we do us a favor and verify some of these problems with a
> newer version?  A lot of what you've brought up has been fixed for almost
> a month or more. =) Thanks.

I can do some of it now, but mostly all stuff that I send you is still a
bug in the openssh from cvs (last check out was last weekend). I just
reported this bug here, because I think it may confuse some more users.

Ciao
     Christian
--
          Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Team Member