Making root equivalence work

Rob McMillin rlm at pricegrabber.com
Tue Feb 1 16:17:59 EST 2000

I have several machines that must have trusted root accounts, that is, I
need to be able to run "ssh targethost command" on each by each, for the
root user. I have had no success thus far doing so. Normally for the
non-root users, all I have to do is set the /etc/ssh/known_hosts, build
up the users' ~/.ssh/known_hosts, and the users will work without
requiring passwords. (I'm using method 2 authentication.) All run
openssh-1.2.1. What files do I need to configure? I already have

PermitRootLogin yes
RhostsRSAAuthentication yes

in /etc/ssh/sshd_config. What am I missing? I still get prompted for a
password every time I try to log in as root.

--
     http://www.pricegrabber.com | The best deals, all the time.