problems logging in from 1.2.2 client to 1.2.1pre24 server

Marc Haber Marc.Haber-lists at gmx.de
Wed Feb 2 09:32:57 EST 2000

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000 23:15:39 +1100 (EST), you wrote:
>On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Marc Haber wrote:
>> On my personal workstation, I have installed openssh 1.2.2. I
>> have two server machines, one (A) running a self-compiled openssh
>> 1.2.1pre24, and a different one (B) running an openssh1.2.1pre24
>> compiled by someone else.
>
>What Platform & OS?

All three boxes are running Debian Linux on i386 type machines, fairly
standard PC hardware. My personal machine is running the frozen beta
version of Debian, potato, and the two servers run the stable released
version of debian, slink.

>what options was OpenSSH complied with?

Can't say about the server boxes, on my client box I did a plain
configure.

I found out today that I can log in to both boxes using RSA
authentication, but login to one of the servers still fails when I try
to do plain password authentication. The error message is somewhat
strange.

Greetings
Marc