bash: scp: command not found

Chris Bayly cb at v-wave.com
Thu Feb 3 15:10:15 EST 2000

    Dominik> On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Harald at iki.fi wrote:
    >> How come I can't get scp to work properly. It just complains
    >> like this:
    >>
    >> scp foo host: bash: scp: command not found lost connection

    Dominik> Maybe you should check for the path on the remote
    Dominik> machine: it seems like the remote shell can't find scp in
    Dominik> its $PATH.

Or the "more SSH" way would be to put

PATH=<a path including scp and probably your normal stuff>

in ~/.ssh/environment on the machine being scp'ed to.

--
Email:  cb at v-wave.com                          | UNIX Support
Email:  Chris.Bayly at UAlberta.CA                | 151 General Services Building
Web:    http://www.thegeeks.net/~cb/           | Canada T6G 2S7