EGD requirement a show stopper for me

Andre Lucas andre.lucas at dial.pipex.com
Fri Feb 4 10:14:08 EST 2000

On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 07:23:49PM +1100, Damien Miller wrote:

8<
> It would be great if someone could resurrect some of the entropy
> gathering hooks from ssh-1.2.16 and combine them with the pool
> functions of a Yarrow modified to use OpenSSL's crypto routines.

I've got Yarrow0.8.71 ported over from Win32, and I'm just moving the
hooks. Before I do that, can you confirm that we can use stuff from ssh
version 1.2.16? The openssh ssh manpage talks about 1.2.12. I can't find
a copy 1.2.12 to compare.

I only bring it up because the distributions on the all the offical ssh
mirrors start at 1.2.13, which makes me think 1.2.12 has some special
significance.

>From what I've seen, it shouldn't be too much work to port the crypto to
openssl. Yarrow-0.8.71 only seems to use SHA-1 (no three key triple-DES
as in the paper.)

Ta,
-Andre

--