logging RSA key IDs

Jim Knoble jmknoble at pobox.com
Fri Feb 4 11:09:36 EST 2000

Logging the fingerprint would be more human-readable, however.

--
jim knoble
jmknoble at pobox.com

På 2000-Feb-03 klokka 15:50:55 -0800 skrivet Phil Karn:

: >One might argue that the logfile will grow significantly larger,
:
: That, and not any concern about keeping public keys private, was my
: concern.  But it now occurs to me that on most systems, log files are
: routinely compressed by daemons fired off from cron. Although the
: public keys are themselves random and essentially uncompressible,
: chances are they will keep recurring in the log file, making them
: compress very nicely with gzip.
:
: So I now suggest that the daemon just log the full public key
: used. Hopefully this won't break any message length limits in syslog.